After finally having the NordicTrack rowing machine on your home gym set up, you probably wondering how to run the machine for your first time.
Well, you are in the right place. The process is so easy and only takes less than a minute.
Follow this step by step guide on how to turn on NordicTrack rower and successfully start using it for the first time.
Without further ado, let’s get right into it!
How To Turn On NordicTrack Rower? Step-By-Step
The first step to turn on the NordicTrack rowing machine is to,
1. Plug In The Power Adapter
Before committing this step it’s worth mentioning that the NordicTrack must be grounded.
If it should malfunction or break down, grounding provides a path of least resistance for electric current to reduce the risk of electric shock.
Your rowing machine comes equipped with a cord with an equipment-grounding conductor and a grounding plug with three prongs.
Plug one end of the power cord into the receptacle on the frame of the machine, and the three-pronged end of the power cord into a power outlet.
2. Turn on NordicTrack console
After you finish setting up the power adapter, you need to locate the On/Reset button on the console or simply begin rowing.
This way the display will turn on and the console will be ready for use.
3. Adjust the console viewing angle
In order to have the most comfortable and satisfying workout experience, you need to adjust the console to the desired viewing angle.
Here is how you can adjust the Nordictrack console angle:
- Loosen the knob in the upright.
- Move the neck to the desired angle.
- And then tighten the knob.
4. Adjust the foot pedals
Another step to go through before jumping into the machine.
To adjust the nordicTrack foot pedals, you need to:
- Sit on the seat and place your feet in the foot pads.
- Press the footrest bracket, slide the foot pad to the desired position, and then release the footrest bracket so that the tab engages a slot in the foot pad.
- Next , tighten the strap over your foot.
- Adjust the other foot pad in the same way, and make sure you adjust both foot pads to the same position
5. Pick up the right rowing resistance
Next, you need to adjust the resistance that you feel when you pull the row bar, which can be adjusted both digitally and manually.
First, adjust the resistance digitally by pressing the resistance adjustment buttons on the screen.
The selected resistance level will appear on the screen.
Then, fine-tune the resistance adjustment manually if desired by moving the resistance handle
To increase the resistance, push the resistance handle toward the front of the rower.
And pull the resistance handle toward the rear of the rower in order to decrease it.
6. Start rowing
Now the NordicTrack rowing machine is ready for use.
These are the three phases the correct rowing form consists of:
1. The first phase is the CATCH.
This is when you slide the seat forward until your knees are almost touching your chest.
2. The second phase is the DRIVE.
The pushing backward movement with your legs. But try to lean back slightly at the hips (not at the waist), keeping your back straight.
As you straighten your legs, pull the row bar toward your chest, and keep your elbows outward.
3. The third phase is the FINISH.
This is the last phase where your legs should be nearly straight. Try to continue pulling the row bar until your hands are even with your chest.
After this phase, extend your arms forward and pull the seat forward using your legs.
Try to repeat this sequence, moving through all three phases with a smooth, fluid motion. Remember to breathe normally as you row, never hold your breath.
How To Fold NordicTrack Rower?
A. Move into folded position
This is how to fold and store NordicTrack rower:
- First slide the seat to the rear of the rail .
- Hold and lift the frame handle and the rail handle, and tip the rower forward onto the shields and the storage feet.
- Pull the rail handle inward until the folding clamp engages the bar on the stabilizer.
B. Move into unfolded position
To unfold the NordicTrack rowing machine:
- Place your foot on a stabilizer foot and pull the rail handle outward to disengage the folding clamp.
- Hold the rail handle and the frame handle, then pull the rail handle outward, and lower the machine rail to the floor.
Make sure you are not holding or pulling on the console when moving the rower.
How to turn on Bluetooth on a NordicTrack rowing machine?
Bluetooth is a wireless technology that you can use to connect your machine to your phone or other device. This way, you can listen to music or other audio files, send or receive phone calls, and use other apps on your phone while exercising.
Be sure to check the manufacturer’s instructions for your model of rowing machine to learn how to turn on Bluetooth.
With most machines, you’ll need to pair your device with the machine so they can communicate with one another.
Here is how to turn on Bluetooth on a NordicTrack Rower:
- Press the Bluetooth button that can be easily reached on the console so you can turn it on or off whenever you’d like.
- Once you’ve activated Bluetooth, you need to pair your device with the rowing machine.
- Simply press the “Scan” button and select your device from the list. You can enter a passcode if prompted.
- Once your devices are paired, you can use your rowing machine to listen to music, send or receive phone calls, or use other apps on your device.
You can also use your phone to track your progress, calories burned, and other information about your workout.
How To Use NordicTrack Rower Without iFIT?
You do not need to purchase an iFit membership to use your rowing machine. You still can use your machine in manual mode and run a small selection of onboard workouts.
However, you will need a paid subscription to access iFIT’s full workout library.
With an iFit subscription, you’ll have unlimited access to all of iFit’s incredible, trainer-led content.
Workouts include high-energy studio workouts and global workout content, so you can get the best personal training right in your home.
How to connect the NordicTrack rower to your iPhone?
This is how to connect a NordicTrack machine to your Iphone:
- First, you need to download and install the iFit app on your smart device.
On your smart device which you want to connect to the machine, open the App Store or the Google Play store, and then install the free ifit app on your smart device.
After you make sure that the BLUETOOTH option is enabled on your smart device, open the iFit app and follow the instructions to set up an iFit account and customize settings.
- Connect your smart device to the console.
Follow the instructions in the iFit app to connect your smart device to the console.
When a connection is established, the LED on the console will flash blue.
You need to press the Bluetooth Smart button on the console to confirm the connection, the LED on the console will then turn solid blue.
How to connect a NordicTrack rowing machine to Airpods?
This is how to connect NordicTrack rowing machine to your Airpods:
- Go to the settings on your NordicTrack machine. Search for Bluetooth and make sure it is on.
- With your AirPods still in its charging case, open the lid. Then press and hold the setup button on the back of your AirPods case until you see the status light flash white.
- When your AirPods appear in the list of Bluetooth devices on your NordicTrack rowing machine, select them. Then you should connect.
However, after you successfully connect your Airpods to your NordicTrack machine, you won’t be able to use Siri while your AirPods are connected.
But you can still listen and talk.
There are a number of steps to take in order to safely turn on a NordicTrack machine and start using it successfully.
All you need to do is plug the power adapter into the machine frame and an appropriate outlet, turn the console, adjust the machine to your needs, and then you should be able to start using this machine without any issues.
Is there a power button on the NordicTrack rower?
There is no power button on the NordicTrack monitor itself, the only way to turn the machine on and off is through cutting the power by unplugging it.
Can you use NordicTrack rower without iFit?
Absolutely. The iFit subscription is just an extra to the machine, and you should take advantage of it while you have it for a month for free.
After your free subscription is up, there are 50 workouts programmed into the machine that you can use.
Can you use iFIT without the internet?
The workouts are all streamed from our online platform and require an active internet connection through WiFi.
Can I watch YouTube on my NordicTrack rowing machine?
NordicTrack machines come with a tablet designed to work with the online workout system iFit.
While this system is a useful way to track NordicTrack workouts, it doesn’t allow access to third-party applications like YouTube, or Netflix.